Monday, October 27, 2014

My Place Summer Camp (part II)

I haven't blogged in a while because I have been super busy with school. However, I wanted to go back and do a quick recap of my second visit with My Place Summer Camp. July 31st was part II of my volunteer activities with the children and once again I enjoyed every moment of it! They were such a pleasure to be around. For the second group since they were a little older this time around I wanted to do vision boards with them. I figured they were at an age where they could understand and acknowledge their vision for the future. Similar to the last time, the children came into the cafeteria excited wanting to know who I was and what was going on. The children began digging through the various magazines cutting out pictures that appealed to them and represented what they want in their future. As the kids were making their boards, I went around to each kids asking them what each picture represents. Some of their visions ranged from being a chef, being married with children, owning beach houses, being a football player, making video games and just hanging out with their bestfriends. They were very excited to explain what each of their pictures meant to them. Overall it was a superb experience! I always enjoy working with the kids. I look forward to working with them again in 2015.




No comments:

Post a Comment